Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Beautiful Nanny

Sitting here drinking a cup of coffee, I just keep thinking about how strange it is that my Nanny went home to be with Jesus.  It has been 2 weeks and 3 days.  Click Here and you can read a little about my sweet Nanny.  I love reading all of the kind words in the guest book.  Nanny was such and amazing strong lady and an inspiration in my life.  Se worked hard, took care of her whole family, loved poppy, took care of her home, knew how to shop, be stylish, laugh and fight like no other.  Her cancer took over so fast and took all of her energy until Jesus came and took her home so she would not have to fight any longer.  It is so weird that cancer and smoking took my sweet Nanny's life.  It still does not feel real.  I cherish her last months and all of the time I got to stay with her at the hospital.  I was able to talk to her and hear her silly words for so many days.  It is sad that I spent more time with her in the end that I had in a long time. I know it is all God's plan unfolding.  I also know that whole thing brought us all closer as a family and I know that was part of God's plan with all of this.  It made me understand that our time on earth is short lived and not in our control.  We are truly on God's watch.  I think it is important it spread his word, read it and abide by it because in the blink of an eye or a matter of months, your time could be up.  I hope that all of my family allows Jesus in their heart so that they will also have a room waiting for them in heaven along with Nanny.  Two things that are a huge blessing: 1) Nanny loved Jesus and for that I know she is in heaven; 2) She was such a kind positive person and left so many great memories behind and will she will never be forgotten.  Below is a picture of my Nanny and the beautiful poem that was used at her funeral.
God saw that you were getting tired

And the cure was not to be,

So He put His arms around you

And whispered, "Come with Me."



With tearful eyes we watched you suffer

And saw you fade away.

Although we loved you dearly,

We could not make you stay.



A golden heart stopped beating,

Busy hands to rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us,

He only takes the best.



It's lonesome here without you

We miss you so each day,

Our lives aren't the same

Since you went away.



When days are sad and lonely,

And everything goes wrong,

We seem to hear you whisper,

"Cheer up and carry on."



Each time we see your picture,

You seem to smile and say,

"Don't cry, I'm in God's keeping,

We'll meet again someday."



Rhonda Braswell

No comments:

Post a Comment