Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Perfect Steak



We had a family dinner at my parents house.  My grandpa, Poppy, made the best steaks.  THE BEST!  I asked what he did that made them so tasty and he brought out the above items.  He said he used them with a little olive oil.  AMAZING and just as good as ANY steak house.....  and I know a good steak house.  It is so nice to see that though Nanny was EVERYTHING to Poppy, he can still go on.  That takes strength. Poppy took such good care of Nanny all the days of her life.  He worked hard, pumped her gas, never complained about her clothes habit.  In fact, he built her a closet when her shoe and clothes collect grew to big for the clothes in their home.  In the last years of her life, Poppy drove Nanny to church on Sunday and picked her up when it was over.  In the last days he spent all of his time in the hospital with her.  He stayed a week in the ICU when he could not even see her.  He would not leave her side.  I can't even imagine never pumping gas.  I will admite that my husband goes out of his way to open the car door for me each and every time we go somewhere together.  Looking at Nanny and Poppy I can really tell they really loved each other and did everything for each other.  They are a perfect example of becoming one when married.  I look up to the both of them and respect them so much. 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment