Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween Candy Cake


My son got tons of candy for Halloween. I let him sort through it and separate what he wanted for his private stash, and what he would share with the family. I have to keep it on top of the fridge to make sure and keep my paws out of it. Sunday I rifled through the family stash and found a ton of KitKats, Whoppers and Hershey Bars. I made a simple three pan vanilla cake Saturday night, layered each cake layer with one of the three types of candy mentioned above, and covered it with vanilla icing Sunday. I got the cake mix and icing at Tom Thumb for half price on a table containing their Halloween clearance (I love to give my shout out to a great deal). After I covered it with icing, I got my mini greater and shaved chocolate all over it. Then shaved Whoppers all over it as they make a powder sugar type dust when grated. I also decorated the top of the cake with Whoppers. It was delicious and a big hit with my family!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment