Sunday, November 21, 2010

Success!!!

I made my first Thanksgiving dinner and it was awesome.  Recap:  my husband's two children are not going to be with us on Thanksgiving as they are going to be with their mom.  My husband and his exwife are by the books...or decree, when it comes to how they share time with their kids.  So we did Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, Saturday.  I was in the kitchen cooking for 5 hours.  I was able to find some really cute green leaf placemats, some white pumpkins, glittery tiny fall leaves, large fall leaves and a foldout turkey that I use to decorate the table.  I put all of those items on a red tablecloth.  I also found some cute simple Thanksgiving napkins.  Once the food was done we walked around the table one dish at a time and served each person what they wanted.  The turkey was so juicy and tender that the bones were falling out.  The stuffing was so good.  I do not normally like stuffing, but this one was so good.  My sweet potatoes taste just like Nanny's.  It was kind of sad when I took a bite, it just reminded me of her.  Every holiday my uncle and I would argue over who Nanny made the potatoes for.  We did it just to make her laugh.  EVERYTHING I cooked yesterday was so yummy.  The kids could not stop telling me how yummy it was.  I love when everyone loves what I make and truly enjoy it.  We had it all again for lunch today after church.  My first Thanksgiving was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment