Friday, February 4, 2011

It is true what they say about Texas – Wait a minute and the weather will change


Last weekend we were in the 70s. This week we had a sleet/ice storm and had temperatures in the single digits. I cannot remember having temperatures this low, ever. The city has been closed down for most of the week. The schools in North Texas have been closed for four days. That is unheard of! My son spent one of his snow days at home and the other three at his dad’s house. It was nice staying in with my son, we played a card game that I grew up playing called Slap-Jacks. I had to work on Wednesday and Thursday and did not feel safe driving with him in the car. It snowed 5 inches last night. The cars, streets, and highways were covered in white. Today I attempted to drive to work, as we have discovery that needs to get out due to a deadline, and I got a call from the office letting me know they decided to close. They had originally planned to open the office at 11 a.m., but everyone called in. I turned around and headed home (can you say dedication…hehe).


I called my son to see what he thought about the snow. When he answered I said “so, what happened last night?” His response was “oh, the Miami Heat/Orlando game?” He is so funny, he eats, sleeps and breathes basketball. He goes to the gym every day after school and practices with his dad or grandma. He also practices with his team twice and week and typically has a game once a week. That is some dedication and serious basketball. I need to learn from that and workout myself.

While everything in the city is closed due to the storm, I managed to find a Starbucks near our apartment which was open. I when home, picked up my husband and headed to get a Chi Tea Latte (and oatmeal and a biscotti). After Starbucks, I headed home and decided to do some blogging. I changed out of my jeans and rain boots, got a warm blanket, grabbed my laptop and planted myself on the couch. Feels good! I do have to work tomorrow, Saturday. I will worry about that tomorrow and enjoy being lazy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment